This former hunting lodge is located deep in the heart of the Reserve, 7 miles from Alladale lodge, accessible only by 4x4 vehicle. The ideal setting for a nature retreat, school groups, or a complete ‘escape from it all’ for you and your friends. Deanich Lodge is one of the most remote buildings in Britain – located where our red deer gather, and close to where the golden eagles nest. Restored with an interior that is practical, authentic, cosy and warm making it possible to be truly ‘off-grid’ and wholly connected with nature.
• May to October
• Self-catering or optional ‘meal deal’ upon request
• Sleeps up to 18 people in 5 bedrooms, with single beds and bunk beds - click here to view the floorpan
• Spacious open-plan living/dining room
• Fully equipped kitchen • Drying room
• Basic larder, firewood, bedlinen and towels provided
• Landline (No WiFi or 4G)
Alladale is a nature and wildlife reserve. Wild deer, red squirrels, ground nesting birds and other species inhabit the environs of our lodges; to this end we do not encourage dogs and other pets onto the Reserve. Exceptions can be made, to discuss further your specific circumstances please call Stuart or Mandy on +44 (0)1863 755338.
£2,750 per week for up to 8 guests
+£200 for each additional guest.
Season: April - December
Catering options available upon request
Deanich Lodge, deep in the heart of the Reserve; perfect for the ultimate off-grid experience and just about as ‘away from it all’ as it is possible to be.
- “The other river, the Alladale, is smaller and less productive but it runs by our rental stone cottage, Ghillies Rest, and if you know where to look, you will always find an interesting little pool to round off the day. Then, it’s time for a dram or two, watching the glorious sunsets and deciding which fly to choose for the next day.”Tony Vlasto
- “We had wonderful flying displays from Swifts, House Martins and Bats at Ghillie’s Rest and we saw a Dipper on the river. The sunsets were sublime as were the rainbows and cloud formations Natasha’s cooking and the great hospitality from Mandy and Stuart really made our week very special and we were sorry to leave.”Huw and Carolyn Lewis
- “Paradise in a parallel universe! Lots of flowers and birds, a couple of goldfinches just outside one morning; and of course, Golden Eagles.”Lise