A beautifully appointed two bedroom cottage adjacent to the River Alladale that affords stunning views along the Glen. Ghillie’s Rest has been designed to offer an intimate Highland retreat, providing easy access to the whole of Alladale. Your base to explore the richness of the Reserve.
• Fully catered* with meals prepared from the Alladale Lodge kitchen
• Sleeps up to 4 guests - click here to view the floorpan
• 2 double/twin bedrooms
• Large wet room with bath
• Underfloor heating
• Outdoor terrace space
• Basic larder, firewood, bed linen and towels provided
*Pre-prepared breakfast items provided. 2-course lunches and dinners freshly made by Alladale’s chef in our lodge kitchen using local and seasonal ingredients and delivered daily, with simple instructions on how to heat up and serve.
Alladale is a nature and wildlife reserve. Wild deer, red squirrels, ground nesting birds and other species inhabit the environs of our lodges; to this end we do not encourage dogs and other pets onto the Reserve. Exceptions can be made, to discuss further your specific circumstances please call Stuart or Mandy on +44 (0)1863 755338.
High Season (May to October) £4,750 per week for up to 2 guests +£350 for each additional person per week
Low Season (April, November to December excluding Christmas and New Year) £3,300 per week for up to 2 guests +£350 for each additional person per week
Pets - £250 each
Ghillie’s Rest; the smallest of Alladale’s lodges is ideal for a romantic break and perfect for a young family.
- “The other river, the Alladale, is smaller and less productive but it runs by our rental stone cottage, Ghillies Rest, and if you know where to look, you will always find an interesting little pool to round off the day. Then, it’s time for a dram or two, watching the glorious sunsets and deciding which fly to choose for the next day.”Tony Vlasto
- “We've had a wonderful long week at 'Ghillie's Rest'. A luxurious cottage with amazing and breathtaking surroundings. The view at the glenn is stunning and never the same for more than a few minutes due to the changing lightfall and clouds... Hiking through the reserve gives you outstanding views and you only can hear the wind blowing through the glenn. Great experience for Scottish Highlands.”Rolf
- “Paradise in a parallel universe! Lots of flowers and birds, a couple of goldfinches just outside one morning; and of course, Golden Eagles.”Lise